Hey friends! I'm Lydia McCaulley Smith and I'm a wedding photographer based out of Charleston, South Carolina. I was born and raised in an artsy family, with a Dad that showed me how to work hard, and a Mom that gave me the love for photography.
I'm obsessed with my Jeep Wrangler and tacos so I'm always volunteering to drive on trips. I love going on adventures and meeting new people, so photography quickly became the way for me to share those stories! I'm always searching for new places to go and for new friends to come with me.
Photojournalism has always been a passion of mine, and I always loved helping my family and our friends on their wedding day so wedding photography was a no brainer for me. Combining my passion of documenting stories and creating memories for people quickly became my life. Showing real moments, real laughs and real tears is all I want to do.
5 important things to know:
1. When I'm working I'm also having fun. You'll never spend an hour with me just posing and smiling at my camera. You'll dance, run, skip, get in the water, or lay in the sand. I'm always giving you instructions on how to move, I'm singing along to songs, and dancing right beside you!
2. I am all about lots of kissing , hugging, and acting silly. These three things will be the main events during our time together.
3. You'll never be the only ones acting silly. If I ask you to awkwardly skip while holding hands, I'll show you how to do it too! I will never ask you to do something I wouldn't do.
4. Tell me your favorite things to do and we can try to put that into your session! If you love tacos, lets eat tacos during the shoot! If you love fishing, I will hang out with you and your love while you catch some fish.
5. I want to build a true relationship with you. Before our session begins I'll send you a questionnaire and then we will meet up an hour before we shoot to hang out over a drink of your choice. I want to capture the real you and the true story of your relationship.
"Omg! We had so much fun with Lydia during our engagement shoot!!! She was able to perfectly capture our personalities during our session. My fiancé and I both walked away with excitement as we looked forward to continuing to work with her! Lydia was able to provide us with a few pictures within 24 hours and by the end of the week we had all of our edited pictures! Since then, we’ve gotten tons of compliments and I’m pretty sure more of our family and friends will be booking her for their portraits!"
"Lydia just did an AMAZING job on my engagement photos that were taken on Valentines Day 2018. We had our photos taken at the Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina and they turned out fabulous! Lydia was SUCH a pleasure to work with, very natural, and made my Fiance and I feel very comfortable during the shoot. Even though it was a little cold and windy, the pictures looked like a gorgeous summer day in Charleston, which is exactly what we wanted! She took So many great pictures in only a 30 minute session-- and had a great eye for backdrops and catching our photos in the most perfect lighting! I can't wait to have her take photos of our wedding day! I would highly recommend Lydia for any special occasion!"