I'm so thankful to have amazing friends and family with such amazing hearts! When I announced that a group of us were going to Nicaragua everyone was so supportive!
While we are in Nicaragua we will be:
- 2-3 construction days (usually working on a house or church in the local community around the farm)
- A VBS outreach for kids in the local churches held at the farm one morning
- A hospital visit, praying bedside with patients in a poor public hospital in Managua
- Observe and or participate in our teaching English classes
- Possible ministry outreach at our local elementary school
- Home visits (we make home visits with a bucket of food supplies to families in need per recommendation of their pastor)
I will also be documenting the people that we meet and the relationships that we build together and with Christ. My dream is to be a photojournalist that travels the world sharing the Lord's Word and this is an amazing way for me to start my dream! I'm so blessed to have this opportunity!
Ways that you can support our trip is by joining us in prayer over:
- Our safety as we travel
- Our faith as we rush to raise the money and get plane tickets
- Our words that we speak and the relationships that we build during our trip
- The ability to see through eyes like Jesus and to have a heart like Him
We are in full fundraising mode now! Tucker (my brother) and I have posted our Go Fund Me page and would appreciate it if you would share it with others! Soon we will also be selling awesome T-shirts as a fundraiser!
Other ways that I will be fundraising:
- Photoshoots (Rates can be discussed)
- Possibly bracelets? (Based off of the response I get from this post I may sell some super cool/cheaper bracelets that I've seen other people do for fundraisers)
My boyfriend, Link Hunter, and my good friend, David Wildman, are also from Columbia and are joining us on this trip. Please keep them in your prayers and if you have any manual labor that you would like the boys to do in exchange of a donation that would be greatly appreciated! ;)
Your support will not go unnoticed! Power in prayer, especially groups of prayer, is absolutely amazing! Thank y'all for everything! Please contact me if you have any questions about the fundraisers or our trip!