I've been talking about our Doors to Freedom fundraiser for a while now. Sadly I only have two people who have emailed me about signing up. I'm praying that God will provide the people and that this fundraiser will be successful! My original goal was to raise $200, but I felt like that was low balling it and it played down God's ability to provide for this organization. Now I'm jumping in with full fledge faith here!
My goal is $800. Which means that we need to fill up every spot! If every single person donates about $45 we can reach that goal!
For those of you who missed my previous blogs, videos, posts about the fundraiser let me tell you about it:
- God blessed me with the gift of giving and the talent of photography.
- In January I started really searching for a way to give to God's people here in the low country while using photography.
- Long story short because of the Passion Conference, my heart was set on human trafficking. I did some research and I found Doors to Freedom here in Summerville.
- I started announcing that I was offering the sessions at the end of January and I got a few responses but no commits.
- Then I contacted Doors to Freedom to let them know I was doing this fundraiser and they asked if we could partner up, and I said YES!
We are all very excited to be doing this and it makes my heart leap with joy that I get to help make a difference! Sadly, my heart stops leaping when I look at the sign up sheet...
These women need a home to help them transition out of slavery. They need someone who is going to take care of them and make them feel safe. They need medical attention and someone to help them get through this nightmare. Doors to Freedom provides those things. It brings me to tears every time I try to write about these women. It makes me so angry that we have people in this world that would harm these beautiful souls.
Will you help change the world? Will you help build them a home? Will you help them see that the whole world is not evil? Will you help them see the light at the end of that dark tunnel?
Thank you for reading this. I pray that this will motivate people to sign up. To learn more about this organization and these women go to Doors to Freedom website.
Please click below to check out the times, then contact me and I will sign you up.
Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality. -Romans 12:13
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. -Luke 6:38